Podcasts to obtain on your subsequent run
See an inventory of current interviews with Shalane and Elyse beneath.
Celebrating R&R on the NY Instances Bestseller Checklist
Eight years in the past over a house cooked meal, two long-time mates dreamed of writing a cookbook collectively sometime. By no means in my wildest goals did I think about that each one 3 books would change into NYT bestsellers. Now 3 books, 3 infants, and 17 marathons later Shalane and I can be reuniting in NYC to run the fiftieth NYC Marathon in celebration of well being, friendship, and laborious work. That is Shalane’s final cease in Venture Eclipse so tears and champagne can be flowing on the end line.
– Elyse Kopecky
Podcasts and Interviews
Under is an inventory of the podcasts Shalane and I’ve been on the place we speak concerning the inspiration behind Rise & Run and a lot extra. Give them a hear – there are a ton of suggestions sprinkled in every episode!
Shalane chats with Glennon Doyle and Abby Wambach about:
- How a marathon is an analogy for all times: the hazard of comparability, the journey of feelings and self-doubt, that love is gasoline, and that the world wants each runners and cheerers.
- The query Abby stored asking herself all through the race—and why she’s nonetheless sporting her marathon medal whereas doing the dishes and operating errands.
- Why race day was so profound to Glennon— regardless that she is strongly dedicated to NOT operating—and the way she skilled her first sports activities harm whereas cheering.
- A particular go to by the children’ center faculty cross-country coach, Coach Loux, who grew to become Abby’s marathon coach—and what she mentioned on the 24-mile mark that shifted every thing for Abby.
- A dialog with marathon champion Shalane Flanagan concerning the bond and pleasure of operating—and the way she performed a magical a part of Abby’s marathon day.
Shalane sits down with Emily Abbate for a LIVE chat the day earlier than NYC Marathon. They speak concerning the fruits of Venture Eclipse, a 6-marathon journey over 42 days by which Shalane taught us all that sport is for all times. Get recommendation for brand new runners, easy methods to get out of your individual means when nervousness takes over, and fueling and diet suggestions within the wake of the discharge of her new New York Instances bestselling cookbook, Rise and Run.
Make the most of InsideTracker’s Restricted Version Shalane Flanagan blood panel. 26.2% of all proceeds from purchases of the Shalane Flanagan Panel can be donated to Ladies on the Run NYC once you use this particular code at join: GIRLSONTHERUN26 Buy the panel with the code at InsideTracker.com/Shalane.
Carrie Tollefson chats with Shalane Flanagan about Venture Eclipse, which is Shalane’s try to run each Abbott World Marathon Main in a 42 day interval. In addition they talk about her coaching, her cravings, her restoration, what she thinks about strolling in a marathon, her little boy Jack, her husband, her cookbooks, and a lot extra!
- The struggles of discovering steadiness in a busy life (youngsters, careers, relationships) and nonetheless prioritizing your self, and what works for Elyse
- The way to clear your head and concentrate on the right here and now together with your youngsters
- The highest recipes that maintain their our bodies fueled with out taking an excessive amount of time to make
- Recipes that gasoline the entire household (even the choosy eaters)
Shalane and Elyse are right here to speak about Rise & Run. We cowl the again story behind superhero muffins, their friendship story (and tales about tequila), discuss how motherhood has modified their relationship. Shalane talks about Venture Eclipse — her quest to run all six World Marathon Majors in 42 days — and Elyse talks about coaching for her marathon debut, additionally in NYC. Tons to rejoice on this episode, from muffins and marathons to motherhood and extra!
On this episode Lindsey Hein chat with Shalane about her journey to get to this sixth marathon main, and to Elyse about coaching for her first marathon, what their targets are for NYC and Shalane offers a bit of recommendation for newbies on the course! We wrap it up with some Mother speak.
Shalane tells us about Venture Eclipse and shares what its prefer to be a brand new mother, how she improved her relationship with meals, and the deep worth of performing within the service of others.
Elyse joins Rosie Acosta to speak concerning the significance of mindfulness and wellness in your morning routine. Along with understanding why you want a wholesome and hearty breakfast, you may be taught the significance of motion and daylight. She additionally talks about her upcoming guide and her experiences writing it amid the pandemic. Mom, chef, and creator, Elyse offers us an exquisite peek into meals, writing, and her stunning mornings.
Shalane shares the tales behind operating six World Main Marathons in six weeks — every in beneath three hours — and what drove her to tackle the problem, dubbed “Venture Eclipse.” Shalane talks concerning the unimaginable journey the marathons have been, how she’s doing one thing that “lights her soul on fireplace” and why she hopes she’s proof constructive that sport is for all times. Additionally discover out about her new cookbook with BFF Elyse Kopecky referred to as “Rise and Run”.
On this episode, Shalane breaks down every thing that impressed her to tackle the marathon of marathons and offers us a take a look at the coaching and restoration plan that’s helped her rise to the problem (and have enjoyable alongside the way in which). She additionally opens up about her journey as an athlete and new mother, what it’s prefer to be one of many solely ladies on this planet of elite teaching, and the way anybody can obtain their private finest.