All You Have to Know About Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
With regards to Casablanca Hassan Mosque, the usage of superlatives cannot be averted. In case you are travelling to Morocco and plan to go to Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque is certainly a should see place.
Information About Casablanca Hassan II Mosque
- Hassan II Mosque is the one mosque that non-muslims can go to in Morocco
- Is the highest non secular constructing on the earth,
- Hassan II Mosque is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the second largest in Africa,
- Hassan II Mosque was designed by French architect Michel Pinseau,
- Price of building exceeded 500 million Euros,
- The roof of Hassan II Mosque is retractable in order that it may be opened for worshippers to see the celebs at night time,
- Took 10,000 craftsmen and three,000 staff six years to construct the Mosque, working 24-hours per day,
- It took it 50 million hours of labor to construct the mosque,
- The minaret of Hassan II Mosque is 210 m tall, and has a 30km laser directed in direction of Mecca,
- 105,000 worshipers can attend the service (25,000 contained in the mosque and 80,000 within the courtyard outdoors,
- Craftsmen recruited from throughout Morocco, had carved 53,000 m2 of wooden and assembled greater than 10,000 m2 of zellige (ceramics) for the place of worship,
- The complete measurement of the Hassan II Mosque is 9 hectare or aprox. 22 acres,
Hassan II Mosque – Entrance Charges for Guided Excursions of Inside of the Mosque
There isn’t a entrance price for being outdoors, however if you wish to see inside of Hassan II Mosque with a information there’s entrance price.
Vacationers pay 120 MAD, which is about 12 USD, whereas international college students and international residents of Morocco pay 60 MAD (cca 6 USD)
Kids underneath age 12 and Moroccan college students pay 30 MAD
Kids underneath 6 (accompanied by their dad and mom) – free entrance
VIP go to (non-public go to foress than 20 individuals) 2200 MAD
Teams with greater than 100 individuals get 50 % low cost on Casablanca Hassan II Mosque entrance price.
Greatest to go to guided tour is early within the morning earlier than the vacationer buses arrive filled with vacationers.
That is very true for months in excessive season in Morocco, I visited in January and there have been no crowds, was a really nice expertise.
Tour guides to Hassan II mosque count on an additional tip on the finish of the tour.
Hassan II Mosque Tour Schedule and Working Hours for Guiding Excursions of Inside of the Mosque
It is just doable to go to the mosque via guided tour outdoors of prayer instances. Opening instances fluctuate all year long and afternoon excursions don’t happen in the course of the holy month of Ramadan. Working hours are typically divided to Winter time schedule, summer season schedule and ramadan.
Winter Time Tour Schedule in Hassan Mosque
Excursions are open from Saturday to Thursday within the mornings and one tour in afternoon:
- Saturday – Thursday: at 9AM, 10 AM, 11 AM and a pair of PM within the afternoon.
- Friday: 9AM and 10 AM within the morning and a pair of PM
Summer season Time Tour Schedule in Hassan Mosque
In Summer season GMT +1 time, schedule is much like winter time, besides for extra tour at midday and afternoon excursions begin at 3 PM, further tour is added at 4 PM
Excursions are open from Saturday to Thursday within the mornings and two tour in afternoon:
- Saturday – Thursday: at 9AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, Midday, and a pair of PM within the afternoon.
- Friday: 9AM and 10 AM within the morning and three PM and 4 PM native time
Working Hours Throughout Ramadan
Throughout Ramadan, guided excursions are open solely in morning hours:
- Saturday – Thursday: at 9AM, 10 AM, 11 AM,
- Friday: 9AM
You cannot e-book or buy tickets on-line. There’s a ticket workplace in the beginning of the advanced in entrance of the big parking zone. The excursions take about 40 to 45 minutes.
Costume Code and Etiquette in Hassan II Mosque
- Put on garments that cowl your shoulders, chest and which are as lengthy sufficient to cowl till your knees. Shorts and quick shirts are forbidden.
- No smoking, consuming or ingesting whereas visiting the mosque please.
- Take away your footwear earlier than coming into the mosque and take them with you. Baggage are at your disposal on the entry of the mosque.
- To make the lifetime of the guides simpler, please respect the hours and keep in your group whereas visiting.
- Don’t transcend the chains which are across the Séguia for safety causes.
- Don’t use video cameras or every other digital system that makes noise contained in the mosque.
Guided Tour to Hassan II Mosque
How the tour appears like and what is going to you be seeing within the guided tour? Tour is split in 4 sections and lasts about 40 minutes. You will note:
- Prayer Corridor,
- Ablution Corridor,
- Hammams and swimming swimming pools.
The Prayer Corridor
The prayer corridor is characterised by its rectangular form and the dimensions of its proportions: 200 m lengthy, 100 m broad and 60 m excessive. The world measures 20,000 m² and its capability is about 25,000 worshipers. The prayer corridor can also be characterised by its detachable roof, overlaying an space of three,400 m², which is ready to open in solely 5 minutes.
The roof is adorned with a sequence of 14 domes, and 50 Murano glass chandeliers of 6 m in diameter, 10 m in top and a weight of 1200 kg every.
The roof overlaying required the set up of 300,000 tiles made particularly of forged alluminum, imitating the normal glazed terracotta tile from Fez however 4 instances lighter.
Like the whole lot on this mosque is grand, this corridor consists of 41 marble fountains within the type of lotus flowers and 600 water factors. Most capability directly is 1600 individuals.
Hammams and Swimming Swimming pools
As is the custom of Morocco, the Hassan II Mosque has two an identical hammams, one for girls and one other for males with an space of 6000 m 2 .
They include two areas: the primary with three rooms for the ritual of the Moroccan bathtub and the second for leisure; it’s outfitted with a basin of water heated to 38 ° C with a depth of 1.5 m and steam vents; in an arch and vault ornament in Zellige (ceramic) and Tadelakt (moroccan plaster) .
The Hammams are constructed within the basement of the courtyard of the Mosque, on an space of 6.000 m2. They’re designed to accommodate 1,400 individuals equally divided between men and women.It’s accessed by an unlimited staircase adorned with inexperienced marble columns and friezes finely encrusted with Zellije.
Different Issues to Know
Mosque is situated 2km from the Gare Casa Port (prepare station) alongside Blvd. Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah. In case you are taking pink taxi in Casablanca, a typical quick taxi journey mustn’t price greater than 15 MAD to twenty MAD. Almost definitely you’ll be charged 50 MAD in the event you dont haggle.
In case you are searching for lodge near Hassan II Mosque, Melliber Resort is the closest.
Feedback are closed.