Rise & Run Recipe and Cookbook Giveaway!!
In honor of the upcoming Boston Marathon and to have a good time all of the superb runners who’re working 26.2 on Marathon Monday, we’re gifting away 26 copies of Rise & Run!! This Giveaway will likely be hosted on Instagram the week of April 11th, observe @ShalaneFlanagan and @ElyseKopecky to see the publish with all the information on how you can enter.
In case you haven’t but picked up your copy of NY Instances bestseller Rise & Run, seize this sneak peek recipe beneath. That is our favourite snack to eat for an power enhance earlier than lengthy runs.
We recommend making a double batch and stashing them in your freezer to seize anytime you are feeling an power droop. They assist us get out the door sooner for early runs and are tremendous easy-to-digest (nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free).
Chocolate Tart Cherry Seed Balls
Makes 16 power balls
Introducing nut-free power bites which can be candy, salty, and tart to please all of your discerning style buds. They’re low-glycemic and filled with a heart-healthy trifecta of energizing seeds, together with pumpkin, sunflower, and our favourite powerhouse, hemp seeds.
Seeds are excessive in protein, wholesome fat, and important minerals, and are proven to assist steadiness hormones and enhance your temper. These courageous balls are packable and able to be a part of you in your subsequent endurance journey—whether or not that’s a day on the workplace or a mountain path run.
- ¾ cup uncooked pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup uncooked sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup uncooked hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- ½ cup Deglet Noor dates, pitted
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried tart cherries*
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon superb sea salt
*We just like the tartness of bitter cherries as a contrasting taste to the candy dates, however in case you can’t discover tart cherries, substitute dried cranberries.
- In a meals processor or high-speed blender, mix the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp hearts. Pulse a few occasions to interrupt up the seeds. Add the dates, cherries, chocolate chips, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and salt. Pulse or mix on excessive, stopping as wanted to scrape beneath the blade, till the combination is rollable and doughlike (it will likely be barely oily, however will agency up as soon as chilled).
- Use your arms to roll the combination into bite-size balls. Place in a glass storage container. Chill within the fridge for half-hour previous to consuming. Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 1 month.
Shalane and Elyse having fun with Chocolate Tart Cherry Seeds Balls earlier than heading out for a run at Inexperienced Lakes in Bend, Oregon.
Seize your copy of Rise & Run: Recipes, Rituals, and Runs to Gas Your Day for lower than the price of one breakfast to-go from a café. Get able to savor essentially the most nourishing and scrumptious straightforward breakfast recipes for athletes. Try our 700+ 5-star critiques right here.
Pictures by: Tiffany Renshaw & Erin Scott.