Do you know that you could select from a number of voices to ship your audio cues?
The voice of the “Runkeeper woman” (her title is Kat and he or she’s fantastic) has turn into synonymous with monitoring a exercise with the ASICS Runkeeper app, and we’ve acquired a lot of suggestions from you about it through the years. Lots of you like it (a bit of an excessive amount of), some really feel the reverse, and lots of extra have a sophisticated relationship with it. Alongside the best way, you’ve requested us for extra voice choices: starting from Morgan Freeman to Ryan Gosling.
Whereas Ryan didn’t make it on this time round, we’re excited concerning the vary of voices we’ve introduced you, recorded by a motley crew of expertise all through the Boston space. They’re Drill Teacher (not from Full Steel jacket however a really strong imitator); Mademoiselle (a enjoyable French voice delivered by our very personal VP Advertising and marketing Sandrine); Your Conscience (a deep booming voice that is perhaps from the heavens above), Boston Fan (from a Runkeeper workforce alum who at all times had us laughing), and Mr. Announcer (these of you MBTA commuter rail riders might acknowledge him from the previous 5:05 to Fitchburg). They’ll be providing you with all of the stats and updates you’re used to, plus some colourful commentary sprinkled all through.
We all know boredom and doubt can strike even essentially the most devoted of runners, and we predict audio is an effective way to maintain you motivated and entertained on a exercise (whats up, playlists, and podcasts). Particularly since we heard Stephen Colbert’s work with Waze, we’ve been obsessive about the thought of bringing higher audio content material to Runkeeper actions. In the present day is a primary however necessary step in that course, and we need to hear from you on what you’d like out of your Runkeeper voices!
Preview the voices by clicking the hyperlinks beneath:
Tips on how to change voices or audio cues within the Runkeeper app:
To entry the voices, go to the Settings menu, choose Exercise Settings, and faucet Audio Cue Voices to make your choice.
You possibly can management audio cues voices, how usually cues are introduced, which stats are introduced, and the way loud!
- How Usually: Choose this selection to find out the frequency (e.g. Each 5 Minutes, Each 1 Mile…and so on). If you find yourself carried out press Exercise Settings to return.
- Which Stats: This feature will let you choose what audio stats you’ll hear throughout your monitoring. You possibly can select from: time, distance, common tempo, common pace, present tempo, present pace, present cut up tempo, present cut up pace, common coronary heart fee, and present coronary heart fee.
*Vital notice – At any level whereas monitoring actions, you possibly can press the standing bar on the prime to set off a direct audio cue.
- Be certain your cellphone’s quantity is up. Typically your ringer quantity might be up, and your audio might be low. Attempt utilizing the amount controls in your cellphone to show the amount up proper after you begin an exercise.
- If you’re utilizing the lock to sleep the display screen and the audio cues ever cease, attempt urgent the house button as soon as and they need to resume instantly.
- If you’re on Android, there are completely different quantity settings based mostly on what you need to hear. Ensure that all 4 settings are turned up.